We walked the 4 1/2 blocks to our Friday playgroup, Tots. It was 27 degrees. It was worth the break and having Ellis playing independently. They follow me all over the house. Rather, our smallish apartment. Got a ride home from a new lady. She just adopted a Chinese baby girl who is just over a year and adorable. Very nice lady.
Whilst preparing to take Age, my husband, to get his paycheck (he does not drive), the car started without a hesitation. Hmm. I didn't buy a new battery....yet. Who says Friday the 13th is an unlucky day?
The last two days Sly has once again regressed in his potty training. I started him last may. He has been up and down ever since. After a fortnight of up, he is back to peeing anywhere but the toilet. Pooping too. Grrr.
Ellis is still having an awful time without his crib. Off and playing with toys and his brother instead of on his bed sleeping. I knew he wasn't ready yet. We were just forced into it.
I made Russian Tea Cakes last night. They taste like raw butter. I am still trying to adjust to my new rolled aluminum cookie sheets. I also made soft pretzels that weren't my best. Oh well. Maybe they'll be better next time.
I think tomorrow I'll borrow my neighbor's electric beaters and make a cake. The last one I made from scratch thankfully(?) advised me how long to mix by hand. It was no joy. Oh, that's right. I bought sour cream. I will be making my Great Grandmother's recipe for sour cream cookies in the next few days. I want apple pie and ice cream. Maybe I ought to make a cup of tea and have a snack.
13 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think we were destined to be friends.
ReplyDelete