25 September 2011

Crisis Averted

After church today, we had an event on the lawn. I had volunteered to serve food. The boys entertained themselves by running a muck and jumping in the bouncy castle.
Of course a dust storm kicked up and tore away the awning.
I feel gritty.
About half way into the massive food line, Sly comes to me in tears. He injured his arm. Busy as I was, I sort of brushed him off. "You'll be okay." 10 minutes later, I realized he is still standing next to me. "My arm really hurts!" Okay. "Salad? Avocado?" I ask the many customers. Looking around, I spy the minister's wife, a former Rn or some sort of medical specialist. I tell her Sly's plight and she jumps in asking him questions. She runs off to find ice and a makeshift sling.
I scan the crowd for someone to take my place. Aha! It just so happens my replacement is the last person in line. Right in front of me.
Another congruent joins us, looking at Sly. This one is a former EMT. There is a slew of RN's, LPN's and even a firefighter to choose from!
We catch a ride home. It is now 1pm. Nap time. Ellis is going to be a mess later if he doesn't sleep. Age is sound asleep and the two others I thought of to watch Ellis sleep are indisposed. Crap.
Off to the urgent clinic. shit. 3 hour wait! at nap time! with two kids. who ate doughnuts for lunch. and there is NO entertainment there for kids. 1 coloring book won't last long.
So we drive to the Hospital almost next door. Kids have a 5 minute wait! sweet! Furthermore, the Children's hospital is attached.
(Random quote I hear from Ellis in the background "It's freezing, freezing hot!")

The nurses fight over who gets to call "Sly" back. "It's such a cool name!"
Doc is in the room in under two minutes. Record time. I wish I was a kid!
So, it could be either broken or not. We went with not. Nursemaid's elbow. Essentially, it is dislocated.
*twist*twist*pop* -wince- Elbow is back in place. wait five minutes. He is fine. All pain is gone.

And so concludes another trip to the hospital. Thankfully, they are few and far between for this family.
However, with nap time over and no naps taken.....
For your viewing pleasure, an interesting dead wasp I found. How do you die like that?!



No comments:

Post a Comment