14 July 2009

Mud.


















They are calling this a "bathtub."


After non-stop rain yesterday (rain gauge reported 1 and 3/10"), here in Kingston, ID, they have found the mud! I don't suppose they will want to come inside today! Eventually they will have to eat and nap. Is it really going to be worth cleaning them? They will just go right back out to the mud. I think washing hands off and eating outside is in order today. So, I left the cat to babysit while I took a shower. I don't think I'll be calling Ding-a-ling again. At least he works for free.

We garage-saled with KickAss on Saturday. Sold a grand total of $10.75 worth of my stuff! I didn't have much to offer! Then we went to meet my parents at a local hospital to see a badly injured friend of ours. They (my parents, not the hospital) took Slick back with them. It was really nice having just El Guapo for two days. On Monday morning El and I left for Kingston. El Guapo didn't have to fight over toys or anything and he was pretty happy.

Someone once said "don't cry over spilled milk." I wonder if her son poured a 1/2 gallon container all over her mother's kitchen too?

When I blog, it takes me all day long.

In other news, Slick is potty training El Guapo. Well, El Guapo is sort of training himself. Every time I change his diaper, he runs to "pee" in the potty seat, then toilet. El Guapo has only peed in the seat twice. Eh, better than nothing. I figure by winter, it will be too cold to go out and that will be a good time to stay home for a week. By then, he may have already been trained.
Slick was difficult, still is, with toileting. El Guapo will be easier.

Elevation of Calgary, Alberta, Canada: 1,048M (3438 ft)
Elevation of Missoula, Montana, USA: 3210 ft
Elevation of Spokane, Washington, USA: 2000 ft

Just in case you were wondering.


Stupid Zorra!
Not only did I forget to pack along some shorts/pants for the boys on this journey, but I did not bring a bra. Just the one I'm wearing. Furthermore, I, Long Haired Zorra, somehow did not manage to bring but ONE hair tie! and it is the one I occasionally use on Slick because it is not big enough for a ponytail! UGH!

As my day continues, it took 3HOURS to get El Guapo to sleep for his nap!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!!! Even Slick took about one hour. So pissed. guess what finally worked? go on, guess. I'll wait.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I drug them outside to the car and strapped them in to their seats. El went right to sleep (bastard!) and Slick was quickly nodding off (jerk!) In they went to their beds with a promise of no more tv or dessert (I made brownies). Sucks to be them, guess they should have stayed in their beds!

So, whence they finally slept, in bed, I went out looking for berries. It is Huckleberry season. Granted, I would have to ride about a very dusty hour to get to them, I hunted other berries. There are a ton of blackcaps and bilberries. Even a few wild raspberries down the road. So few I only got 5. 5 delicious red berries. yum. Now all I need is to arrange another trip out here soon and take Slick with me and some neighbors to huckleberry. yum.

Yesterday my brother (visiting my parents) was sick, then my dad. Dad is fine today but St.Age has been sick since last night. Friday I had a true stomach ache all day. I never did get sick, just hurt. a lot. One day last week, Slick was sick in the morning, then puked and was fine ever since. Who's next?

I learned how to link, can you tell?

Me in a nutshell.

1 comment:

  1. Holy randomness! It took me a minute to figure out that you gave your family blog names! I was reading all confused about who you were talking about! lol. If El Guapo really potty trains himself with Slick's help I don't think we can be friends anymore bc I will be insanely jealous! Unless of course he comes over and teaches Preston next!

    ReplyDelete