21 November 2011

I like Corn Nuts.

Sadness lurks everywhere.
Two house fires in two days just down the street.
A woman with only the clothes on her back, and her baby wrapped in a blanket. Looking for a safe place to stay.
Family members dealing with the tragic deaths of their young friends.
People I know and love in constant physical pain. Yet, smiling, rejoicing to be alive.
The many people I know who are suffering quietly.
The mothers, struggling to get through another day. Only to wake up and do it all over again.
Husbands, struggling to keep a warm home for their family to stay in.
Starving children worldwide. Even here in my neighbourhood.
A friend in prison who has lost her faith.
Sadness lurks everywhere I turn. One can't escape.
Yet, what can be done? Nothing.  God is not to be questioned.


No comments:

Post a Comment