20 November 2011

Weekend Update

Saturday. It was interesting.
Alarm at 2. up at 2:30.
Get dressed, drink tea.
Pull dough out of fridge. Start another in the mixer.
Section dough into 8 4oz pieces. Make pretzel shape.
Boil in soda water. brush with egg. Bake.
dough two is ready. Start dough three.
shape and bake dough two while dough three rises.
Shape dough three while dough 4 rises.
Take a break. There is a hint of light on the horizon.
Have a snack.
shape and bake dough 4.  Mix dough 5.
Wash dishes. Clean up kitchen.
Mix dough for scones. Bake.
Mix dough @2 for scones. bake.
Kids are up. Sun is up. It is 7:30 when all the scones are done.
Mix frosting. Get dressed in presentable clothing. Brush hair, makeup.
Dough 5 goes in fridge. I'm running out of time.
wrap frosting. Prep food to move. Collect snacks to eat that I didn't just bake.
TV for kids. Age is up.
Brush snow off car. Load.
Kisses goodbye.
Drive the slippery 4 blocks to destination. lol.
Greetings. Unloading.
Table is already set up from Friday night.
Plate goodies. Frost scones.
sit and eat a banana. Drop the last half on the floor.
5-second rule does not count with bananas.
Chat with the drink lady next to me.
Few people trickle in. I seem to be the last stop, as people take their goodies with them.
At 11, it gets busy. Kind of.
Empty. No guests. Two little monkeys, jumping on the bed (crib).
Firemen!
One little monkey pushed buttons on the security system.
Fireman wander in and buy baked goods.
Few more people trickle in.
Empty. Closing time.
We break down.
I go home.
Put everything away. Recount stories to Age.
On the way home, drive by house burning a block away. 6 fire trucks.
Walk to the end of block and take pictures for kids.


Unload the rest.
*yawn*
ut-oh.
Make tea, eat cookies, add sales.
I made $87. woo!
I sold out of pretzels.
15 scones.
14 cookies.
Leftover cookies fill the tin and the freezer.
Scones on a plate for breakfast.
Kids clean their room as I prepare for bed.
It is 6pm.
Age makes dinner, I lay down on Sly's bed.
Wishing I had a bedroom.


I slept 12 hours, getting up to sleep in my own bed.
SUNDAY
Tea and scones.
Church- in the nursery with 15 1 & 2 year olds.
Home.
What the hell am I going to make for dinner!?
Nap/quiet time.
Move furniture in LR to allow use of second computer.
Watch The Goonies with boys. Ellis won't stop saying "I'm scared!"
Maybe they are a little young.
Write blog.
Use pretzel dough to make pizza.
Kids in bed.
Tea and cookies.
Sleep.
*after "write blog" has not yet happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment